Front-End Web Developer • Designer • Minimalist • Japanophile
I’m a Front-End Web Developer and Designer from Hamburg, Germany. I love design and art, reading books, listening to podcasts, creating Sketchnotes, taking photos, and writing Haiku.
What I Do
I create beautiful, user-centric layouts for devices of all sizes on the web for nearly two decades and love bringing simplicity and minimalism to everything I create.
I deeply care about good user experience: Writing good text, choosing the right photography, typography, and colors. Programming fast, reusable, well-tested, and easy-to-maintain code or creating engaging animations.
I love innovating: During multiple Hackweeks I was part of a small team creating a completely new job platform for freelancers. I am also a three-time winner of the Prototyping Days, a yearly two-day company-wide prototyping event.
I am writing essays about topics including programming, design, self-improvement, philosophy, productivity, books, and films in this Journal.
Stay up to date. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- Spring Cleaning
- Defending Anti-Nazi Principles
- Manage References for Note-Taking
- Templates for iA Writer
- Building a Personal Brand
- I Counted Everything I Own
- Dreaming of the Old Normal
- Setting Up a Web Developer Work Environment – Neovim
- Setting Up a Web Developer Work Environment – Terminal, Zsh, and TMUX
- If— Guidance for a Virtuous, Stoic Life
- How to Prepare for the Worst Case
- The Decentralized Web – Develop and Publish a Website
- The Decentralized Web – The Wild West Web