November 2020 Favorites
The problem with Human beings is somebody always shags a monkey.
Science & Knowledge
- 12 Rules for Life Tour – Brisbane, Australia. – Socialisation of the Value Hierarchy. The first of 6 lectures from Jordan B Petersons 12 Rules of Life Tour. 2 hours of Jordan Peterson talking about psychology, philosophy, ethics, and more topics.
- 12 Rules for Life Tour – Melbourne, Australia. – The Deeper the Abyss, the Brighter the Light.
- The Hidden Truth About Politics – Jordan Peterson explains in this shortened and narrated film the connection between political affiliation and the Big 5 personality test.
- Hexagons are the Bestagons – Why the Hexagon is the most awesome geometric shape.
- Why billions of people won't eat pork (or why we don't know) – The search for why many religions forbid eating pork.
- Japan’s 72 Micro-Seasons of Impermanence – Mini documentary about Japan’s seasons.
- Does Instagram Lower your Testosterone?
- 2+2=5 Critical Theory: This is What CRT Scholars Actually Believe
- Woke Outrage: Great Marketing for Terrible Movies
- How to Solve the Social Dilemma – Addressing the flaws in the documentary The Social Dilemma.
- Obsidian: Third-Party Plugins! – A first look into the new plugin system and available plugins in Obsidian.
- 10 small changes that will improve your life.
History & Culture
- History Summarized: Wales – The oft-forgotten history of Britain’s secret third country Wales.
- If I could only cook one dish for the rest of my life… – How to cook Asian noodle soups. 😋
- Learn the Secrets of Restaurant Style Ramen in 1 Hour – Real-time cooking of a bowl of ramen.
- Who Was Marcus Aurelius? The Life Of The Stoic Emperor
- The Mesmerizing Art of Origami – Mini documentary about Origami artist Robert Lang.
- Relaxing Through the Craft of Woodworking – Mini documentary about the spoon carver Barnaby Carder.
- Visually Satisfying Arrangements – Mini documentary about the artist Adam Hillman and his object arrangements.
- Kadjar City – A Minecraft Timelapse – An impressive time-lapse of the construction of Kadjar City in Minecraft.
- These 3 Books Changed My Life Completely – Ryan Holiday talks about his 3 favorite books.
- Emperor Han Wudi – Ancient China's Greatest Conqueror
- Graham Hancock Explains the Mysteries of Atlantis and Göbekli Tepe
- Why the Thirty Years’ War Was So Devastating
- Surviving Alone in Alaska – Documentary by Vice about Heimo Korth, the last man living in an Alaskan wilderness of 19 million acres. It was mentioned by Joe Rogan on his podcast. Fantastic!
- Barbarians – Is the Germanic Language Accurate?
- The Mouth of Sauron
- The Complete Travels of Treebeard
Cinema & Film
- 2020 (A 1917 Parody) – A creative homage to the movie 1917 placed in 2020.
- The Drinker Recommends… Fight Club
- Looks Like Wonder Woman 1984 Is Going To Flop
- American Psychosis – Chris Hedges on the US empire of narcissism and psychopathy
- Bruce Lee: How to live successfully in a world with no rules – Shannon Lee talks about her father's way of living in a world with no rules.
- Glenn Greenwald: Nothing Trump Did Compares to the 'Moral Evil' of Bush's and Obama's Wars – A fantastic talk with the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glen Greenwald about politics and media.
- Trump vs Biden: Pandemic Punch-Out (Who Handled Covid Best?) – A accurate timeline analyzing the political decisions by Trump and Biden in regards to the pandemic.
- Trump vs Biden: Who Disrespects the Military Most? – Who of the two candidates disrespects the military more?
- Trump vs Biden: Who's the Celebrity Choice for President?! – Who of the two candidates has more support from celebrities.
- The Subversion of America & The US Election – A story by Canadian documentary director Lauren Southern how she was multiple times intentionally rejected entering the US, because of her critical films.
- Apple: In the spotlight for monopolistic practices?
- Tim Pool | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 107
- President Trump vs. Mainstream Media – Larry Elder summarizes the media bias. Who does not see it is ignorant or stupid.
- Election Fraud Update with Matt Braynard
- They think you’re stupid. – Paul Joseph Watson comments on the bullshit of The Great Reset, hypocrisy, and other globalist, technocratic madness of 2020.
- Meet the New Boss – The Neo-liberal war machine is back.
- What Spiritual People Are Like This Election – Funny take on 2020 from the perspective of a spiritual US American.
- Biden Won! Here’s What You Need To Know – JP Sears explains what can happen till January when the next president takes office. Prepare for Nancy Pelocy as your next president. 😅
- The Vote Counting Effort In Nevada – Dim Dillon is spot on with his humor on election counting in Nevada.
- How a Civil War Could Start!
- Election goes to supreme court… – Democrats can only pray the election doesn’t end in front of the supreme court.
- If 2020 was a boyfriend
- ⓘ Official sources say this cartoon is false
- How To Be More Obedient
- Friends 3 4 5 6 7P
- The Alienist 2 – I’m happy this TV Show got a second season because it’s a good thriller that takes place in the last days of the Victorian era in New York. N
- Luther 5N
- The Hateful Eight – A good, thrilling, and bloody Western by Quentin Tarantino. P
- If Anything Happens I Love You – Artful short film about grieving parents struggling with the loss of their daughter after a school shooting. N
- Kevin Hart: Zero F**ks Given N
The Joe Rogan Experience
- 1559 – Steven Rinella – Talk with Steven Rinella, the host of the Netflix show MeatEater. One interesting topic was how Joe’s podcast happened and how it grew and why podcasts are so successful compared to other media formats.
- 1560 – Mike Baker – Mike Baker is a former CIA covert operations officer, host of the Science Channel series Black Files Declassified, and current president and co-founder of Diligence LLC, a global intelligence and security firm.
- 1561 – Kermit Pattison – Kermit Pattison talks about his new book about the Oldest Skeleton and the Origins of Humankind.
- 1564 – Adam Alter – Interview with the author of Drunk Tank Pink and Irresistible.
- 1568 – Tom Green – Comedian, actor, filmmaker, and talk show host Tom Green talks about living in a trailer and traveling the USA.
The Art of Manliness
- 656: The Hidden Pleasures of Learning for Its Own Sake – Inspiring discussion with Zena Hitz, the author of Lost in Thought: The Hidden Pleasures of an Intellectual Life on learning for its own sake.
- 658: In Praise of Maintenance in a World Obsessed With Innovation – Lee Vinsel is a professor of science, technology and society and co-founder of The Maintainers, a global research network interested in the concepts of maintenance, infrastructure, repair, and human labor to sustain our world.
Lex Fridman Podcast
- 122 – David Fravor: UFOs, Aliens, Fighter Jets, and Aerospace Engineering – David Fravor is a navy pilot of 18 years and a primary witness in one of the most credible UFO sightings in history, video of which has been released by the Pentagon and reported on by the NY Times.
The Saad Truth with Dr. Saad
- Political Hate Shatters an Individual’s Theory of Mind – Gad Saad explains the term Theory of Mind from psychology at the example of the US election.
- My Chat with Noor Bin Ladin – On Islam, Her Background, and Donald Trump – Gad Saad talks Osama Bin Laden's niece.
- My Chat with SEAL Team Six Robert O’Neill, the Man Who Took Out Bin Laden
- Jamil Jivani on the Inconvenient Truth About Donald Trump’s Non-White Supporters – With Trump losing his second term, this podcast discussed his surprisingly strong showing among Black, Hispanic, Muslim, and Asian voters, that stand in contrast to the idea Trumps appeal is rooted in racism.
- The Value of Tolerance and Freedom in Western Civilization – Ayaan Hirsi Ali is an activist for women’s rights and the author of the book Infidel: My Life, and many others. In this episode of Watching America, Dr. Alan Campbell speaks with Ali about America, religion, cancel culture, the failures of American universities, and more.
- The Immortality Key: Uncovering the Secret History of the Religion with No Name (Amazon) – I saw the author of the book on Joe Rogan's podcast. He wrote 12 years on the book which uncovers the secrets behind the connection of Greek religion and early Christianity.
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North and Other Travel Sketches (Amazon)
- Lives of the Stoics: The Art of Living from Zeno to Marcus Aurelius (Amazon)
- The Daily Stoic (Amazon)
- The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense (Amazon) – The new fantastic book by Gad Saad on the war against truth.
- Jordan Peterson: how the left manufactured a folk devil – The hysterical response to Peterson’s latest book is totally disconnected from anything he has actually said.
- Article on Joe and Hunter Biden Censored By The Intercept – The article on Joe and Hunter Biden by Glenn Greenwald that he couldn’t publish due to refusal of his editors and forced him to resign from his news outlet.
- The Cult Dynamics of Wokeness – How cult indoctrination works using the example of Critical Social Justice (Wokeness).
- Political Extremism in the US: A New Study – How Social Media, over-protective parenting, low resilience, and Moral Absolutism lead to extremism.
- The Woke Breaking Point – Where is your Woke Breaking Point? How far are you willing to go, before it is too far?
- Black Lives Matter – The targets and goals of the Marxist organization explained and commented.
- Iconoclasm as a Prelude to Woke Horrors?
- 2020 Election: Could Trump’s claims have merit?
- 5 More Ways Joe Biden Magically Outperformed Election Norms
- Archeologists Discover an Advanced Water Filtration System in an Ancient Mayan City
- We don’t want to read your UX writing – How to write copy that people want to read.
- Photo Restorer Colorizes Every Portrait of a U.S. President Who Was Photographed – Interview with James Berridge, who started a project restoring and colorizing photos of US presidents.
- Adam Reed London – Pretty website for a hair salon.
- This claw-like EDC can be quickly deployed with clenched fist position in any situation! – Clever design for a self-defense weapon for every day carry.
- Humoristic Illustrations Reveal the Daily Life Before and After COVID
- Adorable Takeout Space Added to Restaurant in Wakayama
- Sweeping Contemporary Library Design Inspired by the 19th-Century Playwright Henrik Ibsen
- Get a Bird’s-Eye View of UNESCO World Heritage Sites Across the Globe
Stuff & Things
- Netflix Dark. Face your questions. – The official website of the fantastic TV Show Dark. It allows navigating all three seasons and see all the connections through time and space and the different family trees. It’s possible to deactivate specific seasons to not see any spoiler.
- Google Books Ngram Viewer – This tool by Google allows searching for words in books from 1800 to today and see how their usage changes over time.
- Starship: Cross-Shell Prompt – The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell.
- Rumble – A nice video platform.
- Parler – A free-speech alternative to Twitter. After the election debacle in the USA and Twitter's brazen attempt to silence any person questioning the election results, the network got a huge membership growth and was the most downloaded app for multiple weeks in both app stores.
- Spiked – The political magazine that wants to change the world as well as report on it. For humanism, democracy and freedom.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali – Human rights activist, founder of AHA Foundation, an organization fighting against female genital mutilation, honor violence, and forced marriage. She is a fellow of the Hoover Institution.
- Tom Green – Canadian comedian and television show moderator who has been traveling for a few months in a trailer around the USA visiting remote places.