October 2020 Favorites
The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate … No one is invalidated, but nobody is right. Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in ‘truth.’ And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.
Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, 2001
Science & Knowledge
- Tales from the Trip: Season 1 – Beautiful animated short films where people describe their drug trips with psychedelics.
- The science of psilocybin and its use to relieve suffering
- Does the Brave Browser Really Beat Fingerprinting? Let's Test!
- There’s No Such Thing As Orange
- Learn Why The Way You’re Breathing Is Destroying Your Quality of Life – James Nestor on the health benefits of closing your mouth.
- How I Remember Everything I Read
- How I Take Notes on Books
- My Comprehensive Obsidian Workflow For Zettelkasten and Evergreen Notes – An one-hour long walkthrough on how Bryan Jenks works with his Zettelkasten and Obsidian.
- Obsidian Block References (0.9.5)
- Comprehensive Overview | Obsidian Block References & Transclusion
- Why Obsidian Will Overtake Roam
History & Culture
- I wore the same shirt every day for 3 years.
- Wie Pepsi tödliche Proteste verursacht hat 🇩🇪
- Batavia’s mysteries unfold with discovery of mass grave
- Who is Seneca? The Incredible Life of Rome’s Greatest Stoic Thinker
- Sohei: Buddhist Warrior Monks of Medieval Japan
- What a USD 20,000/Month Japanese Apartment is Like
- Inside a USD 13,000/Month Japanese Apartment
- How to Live Adventurously Every Day
- Eleusis, the great mysteries – A tour along the route from Athens to the temple of Eleusis which housed the secret religion without a name for nearly 2000 years. My next vacation visit after Corona is over.
- Origin of the Germanic Tribes
- Arminius: Hero of Germania, Traitor to Rome
- Barbarians – Is This Netflix Show Historically Accurate?
- Charles Bridge (Karlův most) – Construction – An animation visualizing the construction of the historic bridge over Vltava river in Prague, Czech Republic.
Cinema & Film
- The Expanse – Season 5 Official Trailer – I can’t wait for December, finally one of the best books of the series gets on the screen.
- Cobra Kai – Season 3 Teaser Trailer – January 2021 👊
- 25 Things You Missed in Cobra Kai – A few nice hidden facts in the TV Show.
- This Movie Offends You? Good.
- Production Hell – The Abyss
- The Drinker Recommends… Cobra Kai
- Diversity, Inclusion, Equity – James Lindsay in a one-hour long talk about the Woke ideology, its origins, targets, and goals. 👍
- Are You Outsourcing Your Truth?
- Buddy Brown explains “PRIVILEGE” better than anybody!
- Buddy Brown’s plan for LOOTERS (Y’all will love this)
- Buddy Brown SOLVES America’s PARENTING Problem
- How to not get SHOT by the POLICE | Buddy Brown
- If CALIFORNIA wants to leave… LET EM! | Buddy Brown
- Ain't Gonna be a CIVIL WAR… Here's why | Buddy Brown
- m o d e r n i t y 3 – Paul Joseph Watson's social commentary to insanity in 2020.
- Submission – And another social commentary by Paul Joseph Watson about the Islamic terrorist killings in France.
- President Trump Condemning White Supremacy Compilation – Because it gets ridiculous after a while hearing the same repeated lie over and over again, The Daily Wire made a compilation.
- The Origin Story Of 'The Proud Boys' … (May Contain Humor)
- The Media's “Very Fine People” Myth – As even people in my social networks still share these fake news, I share the truth here.
- The Secret Origins of Black Lives Matter – The organization Black Lives Matters has their ideology from The Weather Underground, a radical-left Marxist terror organization that bombed and killed all over the USA in the 60s and 70s.
- Trump vs Biden: Which Candidate is RACIST?
- Trump vs Biden: Handicap Face-Off
- Trump vs Biden: Gay Face-Off
- Donald Trump vs. Joe Biden: FULL debate on the Joe Rogan Experience – A really funny parody. Even the voices are fantastic! 😂
- Why Everybody Loves Leaf Blowers – I love them so much, I even dedicated a
- The NEW CDC Infection Fatality Rates!
- Spotify Employees Censoring Joe Rogan – Funny satire that was even retweeted by Joe Rogan himself.
- If the Pandemic Thinking Was Applied To Everything
- How the Left and Right Fight
- Why Twitter Censored the NY Post Article on Biden
- The Fact Checkers
- The Very Presidential Debate
- Amy Coney Barrett Goes To The Senate
- Twitter CENSORS "Fake News"
- Reasons to Vote for Joe Biden!
- New Website Curates News You Agree With
- Meet The People Who Decide Who You Can Punch
- FOX & CNN to Normal Humans
- Dumpster Fire 35 Clip – Naked Ballot Audition – Funny parody of the “naked ballot” ads by comedian Bridget Phetasy 😂
- Lisa Eckhart – Die Vernichtung des WDR 🇩🇪
- Uncle Roger React to Uncle Roger MEMES
- The Boys 2P
- Doom Patrol 2P
- Family Guy 17N
- South Park
– The Pandemic Special
- Carmen Sandiego 3N
- Friends 1 2P
- Barbarians 1 – A new and historically quite accurate TV Show about the most devastating lost battle of the Roman army in Germania. They even use German and Latin as languages! N
- The Handmaiden – A masterpiece in storytelling! 🤩 A group of con-men plot to steal the inheritance from a wealthy Japanese woman. Directed and produced by Chan-wook Park, who directed POldboy in 2003.
- David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet N
- 아가씨 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – The beautiful music of 아가씨 (The Handmaiden)
- Adrián Berenguer: The Journey
- CHRYSALIS – The third season of DUST (Trailer) is a 14 episode long brilliant sci-fi story about a replicator AI that goes on a revenge tour through the galaxy for the destruction of humanity. 🤩
The Joe Rogan Experience
- 1543 – Brian Muraresku & Graham Hancock – A interesting episode about psychedelic origins of the world’s great spiritual practices.
- 1545 – W. Keith Campbell – Narcissism and its influence on society at large.
- 1551 – Paul Saladino – Dr. Paul Saladino, as a physician and board-certified nutrition specialist talks about the benefits of the carnivore diet.
- 1555 – Alex Jones & Tim Dillon – The podcast that melted the internet. Ironically, this time Joe fact-checked Alex Jones conspiracy claims and 70 % proved to be true 😆
- 1556 – Glen Greenwald – Former attorney and award-winning Journalist, who broke the Edward Snowden story.
- 1557 – Gad Saad – The professor of Marketing at Concordia University talks about his new book The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas are Killing Common Sense.
- 1558 – Tristan Harris – Tristan Harris, the man behind the Netflix documentary The Social Dilemma talks about the social problems created by social media and the attention industry. N
- 41 – Douglas Murray – Heroism 2020: Defence of Our Own Civilization – This was the best podcast episode I’ve heard in 2020. After a 20 minute essay by Eric Weinstein follows a long talk with Douglas Murray. Two intellectuals reflect in nearly 5 hours on the state of the world. 🤩
New Discourses is a new political podcast by James Lindsay I discovered this month.
- Biden Is Not The Room – A one-hour long, extremely interesting monologue by James Lindsay, the scientist behind the Grievance studies affair, on why he will vote for Donald Trump, even though he is not happy he has to. 🤩
Bret Weinstein | DarkHorse Podcast
- 51 – Facebook, Twitter, & Evolving Door Politics (Bret Weinstein & Heather Heying DarkHorse Livestream)
- 136. Gad Saad – The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense – Dr. Gad Saad exposes bad ideas – idea pathogens – that are killing common sense and rational debate.
- “Sex is NOT a Spectrum” – Colin Wright – Evolutionary biologist and Managing Editor of Quillette talking about biology
- Can We Solve the Migrant Crisis? with Helen Dale – A very interesting talk with Helen Dale about Australia's immigration politics.
- Darren Grimes Speaks Out on Police Investigation
- Simon Evans on Woke Bias at the BBC
The Art of Manliness
- 650 – Why People Are Building Bunkers for the Apocalypse
- 651 – How to Turn Fear Into Fuel
- 652 – Chefs’ Secrets for Organizing Your Life – How to apply the concept of chefs, Mise en Place, to your productivity.
On Being with Krista Tippett
- Arlie Hochschild – The Deep Stories of Our Time – Interesting conversation with the author of Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right.
Conversations With Coleman
- Bonus Episode – The Problem of Race: Glenn Loury and Coleman Hughes
- Ep. 16 – Trump, COVID-19, and Cold War II with Niall Ferguson
- The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense (Amazon) – The new fantastic book by Gad Saad on the war against truth.
- The Immortality Key: Uncovering the Secret History of the Religion with No Name (Amazon) – I saw the author of the book on Joe Rogan's podcast. He wrote 12 years on the book which uncovers the secrets behind the connection of Greek religion and early Christianity.
- Lives of the Stoics: The Art of Living from Zeno to Marcus Aurelius (Amazon)
- On Love and Barley: Haiku of Basho (Amazon)
- The Daily Stoic (Amazon)
- Hikari – The story behind the creation of the short film “Hikari”.
- Don’t take their word for it
- Mushroom Expert Merlin Sheldrake “Fungi Can Teach Us a New Way of Looking at the World”
- “Make Your Bed” by Admiral William H. McRaven – The full transcript of the fantastic commencement speech by US Navy Admiral William H. McRaven.
- James Bond Stoicism
- Should We Cancel the Stoics?
- Sunday Firesides: Secure Your Base
- Idleness Kills Manliness
- Pasha Glubb and Avoiding the Fate of Empires
- Analyst of Totalitarianism—Reading Simon Leys Today
- My Resignation From The Intercept – This is super worrying. If you don’t care, you deserve losing your freedom!
- The Great Silencing of America and the Hallmarks of Woke Totalitarianism – This was an impressive article!
- How Individualism Created Our Postmodern Culture
- Coinbase Has Drawn a Line in the Sand for Its Activist Employees
- The New Evolution Deniers
- JK Rowling is Right—Sex Is Real and It Is Not a “Spectrum”
- Think Cancel Culture Doesn’t Exist? My Own ‘Lived Experience’ Says Otherwise
- Forget What Gender Activists Tell You. Here’s What Medical Transition Looks Like
- Yelp’s anti-racist social credit nightmare
- Biden, Inc. – How ‘Middle Class’ Joe’s family cashed in on the family name
- Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad
- Emails reveal how Hunter Biden tried to cash in big on behalf of the family with Chinese firm
- Beyond Postmodern: The Neoliberal Roots of Woke Cancel Culture
- How to Disagree
- Chief Science Officer for Pfizer Says “Second Wave” Faked on False-Positive COVID Tests, “Pandemic Is Over”
- The Post-Pandemic ‘New Normal’ Looks Awfully Authoritarian
- The Coming Post-COVID Global Order
- Creative Mom Turns Everyday Meals into Animal-Inspired Food Art
- In Connecticut, Ledge House Makes The Most Of Its Stunning Forested Scenery
- Outlandish Concrete Dream Homes In Outlandish Settings
- MØM – Beautiful website of a french creative agency.
- Feed Social Media Agency
Stuff & Things
- Apple Music – I switched from Spotify to Apple Music this month. Spotify censored and de-platformed a small German podcast I’m listening to out of ideological reasons (they dared to interview an author who wrote a book about gender-transition in children). As Apple Music has 10 Million more songs, lyrics, a nicer app, and the same price, the decision to switch was not hard for me. But the migration of my playlists was stressful because I needed to speed up, as Spotify closed the APIs this month. I got out before the lock-in.
- Apple Podcasts – My new default Podcast app. I ask myself why I never considered using it before. It syncs across my devices, looks nice, and doesn’t censor content.
- Browser Threat Test – Test your browser for the vulnerability of Fingerprinting and other things.
- Raindrop.io – A powerful bookmark manager
- YiNote – A cool browser extension that allows making notes on YouTube videos and export these later including a screenshot, time code, and notes in various formats.
- Our World in Data – A fantastic website with scientific data and over 3000 charts on hundreds of topics.
- Drafts – A nice app I started using for quickly adding text on the go (via Apple Watch or iPhone) and later convert it to a permanent note in Obsidian.
- New Discourses – Pursuing the light of objective truth in subjective darkness. I discovered this fantastic website, founded by James Lindsay.
- Dr. Bradley L. Garrett – A social geographer, explorer, and photographer based at University College Dublin in Ireland.
- Colin Wright – Evolutionary biologist, who left academia because he couldn’t any longer study without harassment by activists. He is now Managing Editor at Quillette.
- Gad Saad – A Professor, Evolutionary Psychologist, Author and host of the podcast The Saad Truth. He is a Jew from Lebanon who had to flee the country and he lives now in Canada. His new book The Parasitic Mind exposes bad ideas that threaten freedom, reason, and liberalism in the West.
- James Lindsay – American author, mathematician, and political commentator. He has written 6 books and is the founder of New Discourses. He is the person behind the Grievance studies affair, that exposed the corruption of the Social Sciences in academia. He fights totalitarian ideologies every day on Twitter.