February 2021 Favorites
Now, being fat is beautiful? Name a thing that you can’t do? Jumping Jacks, run a mile, live past fourty two.
- Why the East Ends of (Most) Cities are Poorer
- The U.S. Was Hacked for Months, Here’s What We Know So Far
- Life Beyond II: The Museum of Alien Life – Another breath-taking documentary about Alien Life by Melodysheep.
- In the Blink of an Eye: Space in an Instant – A fantastic new short film by Melodysheep.
- This Book Completely Changed How I Sleep – Why We Sleep by Neuroscientist Dr. Matthew Walker
- What Can Mickey Mouse Teach Us About COVID-19? Lockdowns Fail.
- The Science of Why Bacon and Eggs Are the Perfect Match
- How Many People Did Nuclear Energy Kill? Nuclear Death Toll
- Inside The Cryptocurrency Revolution
- Why We Love to Hate the Rich: the Psychology of Schadenfreude
- Red Light Therapy: Bullsh*t or Science? The mysterious Japanese skin machine
- Japan’s Massive Mistake of Building Two Incompatible Power Grids
- The Best-Kept Secret in History – Brian Muraresku – An animated summary of the book The Immortality Key.
- Love Your Servitude – Aldous Huxley & George Orwell
- Social Media is Censoring You. We Have the Receipts.
- How I Sketch + Design Architectural Details
- Tencent: Das Imperium im Schatten 🇩🇪
- EncroChat: Das WhatsApp der Verbrecher 🇩🇪
- Hedy Lamarr: Legendäre Diva und geniale Erfinderin 🇩🇪
- Motivational Crossfit Video | Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
- Kevin James Forgets Who He Is While Eating Spicy Wings
- Why Every Cook Should Master Chicken Teriyaki
- Life in a Day 2020 | Official Documentary – The second edition of Life in a Day, produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald.
- Eternal Movement – A Thematic Understanding of Akira Kurosawa
- Everything You Missed In Better Call Saul
- Morgoth: Battles for Beleriand
- Morgoth: The War of Wrath
- Beren & Lúthien
- Pirates Of The Caribbean Pitch Meeting
- Want to Make Things WORSE? Ban Your Enemies – A short film that discusses free speech with the example of The Legend of Korra.
- This Is What Vikings Really Looks Like Without VFX & CGI – Interesting Making-of the production of Vikings.
- Top 10 Most Profound Games Ever Made
- The Beauty Of Ghost Of Tsushima
- The Beauty Of Altered Carbon
- Deceit – A TLDR visual of “Color, Communism and Common Sense” – A very interesting summary of the 1958 book by Manning Johnson.
- Andy Ngo: Infiltrating CHAZ; Antifa’s Plot to Destroy America
- Here’s What’s Really Going On! – Jason Siler comments on using racism as a tool for politics and power.
- The Video That ‘Activists’ Don’t Want You To See.
- Wokeyleaks – An anonymous celebrity insider started to leak dirt on the disgraceful behavior of the rich and famous.
- Gina Carano Did Nothing Wrong
- Coming Soon: Climate Lockdowns
- It’s OK When Bill Does It!
- Biden Diversity Strikes Syria
- Impeachment #2: Best & Funniest Breakdown
- White House Press Secretary Says “Uh” and “Um…” A Lot!
- The White House vs. The Science Lady!
- Fact Checking the Biden Administration: Volume One
- The Insidious Nature of Fact-Checking
- Racial-Unity Is Worse Than Ever! Thanks, Obama!
- Larry Elder Debunks the 2020 Election Voter Integrity
- Ex-Muslim Exposes the Reality of Immigration – Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- How To Fight Deplatforming: Decentralize
- Red Man Group Ep. 135 with Stefan Molyneux: Has the Time for Arguments Passed?
- The Great Reset – Conspiracy or Fact?
- The Great Reset: Bill Gates & Farming – What’s Going On?
- The Great Reset: Is Bill Gates Too Powerful?
- Gina Carano | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 111
- CPAC 2021: James O’Keefe & SIX Veritas Whistleblowers Take Over The Main Stage in Orlando, Florida
- Tim Dillon Talking To Tech Giants On Clubhouse – It’s funny and terrifying at the same time.
- You’ll Own Nothing and Be Happy!? – The Great Reset – Probably the most accurate and at the same time funniest explanation of The Great Reset.
- Biden’s Town Hall Disaster
- The Truth About GameStop… According To Wall St
- How To Get YouTube Famous
- What Liberals Think All Conservatives Are Like
- What All Liberals Are Like – According To Conservatives
- That Was the Woke That Was II: January 2021
- Tom MacDonald – Fake Woke
- Tom MacDonald – Angels
- Tom MacDonald – Best Rapper Ever
- Tom MacDonald – Whiteboy
- Tom MacDonald - Everybody Hates Me
- Tom MacDonald – People So Stupid
- Tom MacDonald - “Im Corny” (Tom MacDonald Diss)
- Tom MacDonald – I Wish
- Tom MacDonald – Buttholes
- Tom MacDonald ft. DAX – Blame The Rappers
- The A-Team 3 4P
- Miami Vice 1P
- Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan 1 – That’s a damn good documentary about NSengoku Jidai. Famous historians, good camera work, actors, and artwork.
- The Gentlemen – A clever and funny movie with a lot of good actors about a drug boss who wants to exit his business. P
- Life in a Day 2020 – The second edition of Life in a Day, produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald. YouTube
- Tom MacDonald: Fake Woke
- Tom MacDonald: Angels
- Tom MacDonald: Whiteboy
- Tom MacDonald: Best Rapper Ever
- Schiller: Summer In Berlin
- Melodysheep: In the Blink of an Eye
I started listening to this podcast because it was repeatedly recommended on The Joe Rogan Experience, Elon Musk and other people. This month I listened to nearly 14 hours on the history of the Persian Empire and its clash with Greek civilization. Incredibly good! Dan Carlin produces 2-3 podcasts per year.
James Lindsay’s podcast is a strong recommendation. Highly recommended if you want to understand identity politics, the philosophical backgrounds of the underlying ideologies, and challenge your brain.
- Repressive Tolerance: Left Good, Right Bad, What Could Go Wrong? – Repressive Tolerance Series, Part 3 of 4.
- Critical Theorists as Grand Inquisitors: The Logic of “Repressive Tolerance” – Repressive Tolerance Series, Part 4 of 4.
- How the Woke Fail the Paradox of Tolerance
- NO! Critical Race Theory Does NOT Continue the Civil Rights Movement
Ayaan Hirsi Ali started her own podcast and Sam Harris was the first guest.
I started listening to the podcast of Chris Williamson. He has very interesting guests and conversations about how to live a good life, finding your purpose, maximizing human performance, productivity, fitness, and psychology.
- Andy Ngo – Unmasking Antifa: Inside America’s Anarchy
- Brian Muraresku – The Psychedelic Origins Of Western Civilisation
- Michael Malice – Connecting The Dots Of Chaos
- Carl Benjamin – Making Sense Of 2021’s Madness
- Hamilton Morris – Creating The Future Of Psychedelic
- Andrew Doyle – Free Speech And Why It Matters
- Brian Muraresku – The Psychedelic Origins Of Western Civilisation
Another new podcast I started listening is Michael Malice. I listened to him before as a guest on other podcasts and really like his ideas and personality.
- Yeon-mi Park – Follow The Leader
- Lauren Chen – In The Waiting Room
- Lauren Southern – In The Outback
- Justin Amash – Behind The Curtain
- Dan Carlin: Hardcore History
- Eric Weinstein: Difficult Conversations, Freedom of Speech, and Physics
- Fighting Back Against Cancel Culture with Helen Pluckrose
- Glenn Loury: “We’re Playing With Fire” – BLM, Race & Policing
- Minds.com CEO Bill Ottman on Censorship, ‘Algorithmic Transparency,’ and the Post-Trump Social-Media Landscape
- Bill Gates and Neo-Feudalism: A Closer Look at Farmer Bill – This 45-minute long article by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. shines a light on all the evil things Bill Gates did in the last 20 years in the name of Philanthropy. It’s shocking how vile he is, I’m convinced he should be put to trial in Den Haag for Crimes Against Humanity. But his plans for the future of the Earth are even more dystopian than writers of Black Mirror could ever imagine.
- Why the Bill Gates global health empire promises more empire and less public health
- While the Poor Get Sick, Bill Gates Just Gets Richer
- The media loves the Gates Foundation. These experts are more skeptical.
- Facebook’s squad of thought police
- Beating Back Cancel Culture: A Case Study from the Field of Artificial Intelligence
- The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election – A scandalous article in Time, admitting and summarising the steps that were implemented by a powerful cabal to steal (“fortify”) the election “to save the Democracy”. Banana Republic 🍌
- The New Domestic War on Terror is Coming
- SAAD: The Moral Hypocrisy of Seth Rogen.
- Why free speech matters
- Essentialism: The Logical Fallacy Plaguing Us Since Plato
- The Illiberalism of Social Justice
- Freedom of Speech and the Fallacy of Demanding to be Heard
- How to Poop Like a Samurai
- Why among the People You Date the Most Attractive Ones Tend to Be Jerks
- COVID-19 Pt. 1: Hospitalizations – Reality Check
- COVID-19 Pt. 2: CDC’s New “PIC” and The Hidden Data
- COVID-19 Pt. 3: Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Facility Deaths “With” OR “From” Covid Facts
- COVID-19 Pt. 4: The “Test” That Changed The World is Deeply Flawed
- COVID-19 Pt. 5: Psychologists, Scientists, and The CIA Tell Us Fear is The Real Killer
- Investor who called the 2008 financial crisis has a new warning and this time it’s about hyperinflation. Let me walk you through it.
- Aman Kyoto · Kyoto, Japan
- Stories to Remember – A beautiful website to post memories of dead loved ones.
- Powerful Before-and-After Portraits of Kids Who Escaped Child Labor
- Ukiyo-e Heroes: Illustrations by Jed Henry
- DuckDuckGo !Bang – I learned that DuckDuckGo comes with over 13,000 shortcuts build in to search directly in all kinds of websites.
- PrivacyTools – Encryption Against Global Mass Surveillance
- Block The New York Times – Breaking News, US News, Opinion Pieces – After the latest scandal of The New York Times this funny Twitter app made its round. It blocks all 800 reporters of the “newspaper” with one easy click to fight disinformation on Twitter. Works like a charm!
- Knack 2 – I got this game last year for free in a bundle and never played it. The game was fantastic, fun, clever, and entertaining.
I discovered this brilliant Rapper because his new song Fake Woke landed on the top of the US charts. He is an independent artist and his girlfriend creates his awesome music videos.
After the rapper Mac Lethal insulted Tom MacDonald on Twitter (Tweet now deleted), Tom responded just two days later with a brilliant diss in Lethal Injection. Mac Lethal answered with a rap in Single White Female and was burned with another professional produced rap diss and music video one day later in Mac Lethal Sucks that has 10 million views. That burn definitely hurt. 😂 It’s clear who won. The self-ironic diss Im Corny on himself is funnier and better than any hater could ever write.
I discovered the fantastic videos of Melodysheep in 2019 but wasn’t aware till this month that it’s only one person and not a company.
John D. Boswell is a filmmaker, composer, VFX artist, and editor from the pacific northwest.
His skill is incredible, he produced content for National Geographic, Disney, PBS, and many others.
The first video I saw of him was Timelapse of the Future: A Journey to the End of Time which travels from today into the far future to the end of the universe. The video was watched by over 50 million people and is a musical and visual experience in 4K that lasts 30 minutes. Other highly recommended movies are Timelapse of the Entire Universe, Life beyond: Chapter 1. Alien life, deep time, and our place in cosmic history, Life Beyond II: The Museum of Alien Life, and [The Secret History of the Moon](https://youtu.be/The Secret History of the Moon).
After the second world war, for example, there were many who believed that by achieving victory over the Nazis we also achieved victory over the Evil they represented, which unfortunately isn’t the case. But it goes to show that there is a fine line between recognizing a real threat to one’s self or community and using that threat to delude ourselves into believing that we can erase the shadow of our own light by violently putting out someone else’s. It’s a delusion that often reveals itself through promises like; if only these threats are eliminated, our freedoms will be protected. If only these enemies are destroyed, we will bring honor a justice to our nation. If only we end this war, we will end them all.
You can’t have open borders in a welfare state.
In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
Gates has a Napoleonic concept of himself, an appetite that derives from power and unalloyed success, with no leavening hard experience, no reverses.
Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you.
The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of history.
The academic Left, at the moment, seems to be routed essentially in semantics games, the redefinition of words in fact.
And the Right, in my experience, and I’m not saying this exclusive or anything, actually just tends to use the Common English language definitions of words.
And this is why it’s quite a pleasure to read someone like Thomas Sowell because he never has to redefine a word because he just uses it in the Common English parlance. Because he is not trying to be a pretentious academic about it, he trying to layout:Look, this is the data, this is my interpretation of set data in a common-sense straightforward manner, do you find this persuasive?[…]
Whereas the Left has come up with esoteric ways of looking at things:Well, actually, let me tell you what the real definition of a woman is. Let me tell you what the real definition of a patriarchy is, let me tell you …
Wait, hang on a second, I didn’t agree to any of this real re-definitions and I don’t agree with the final definition you come out with.
The classic example being of course the definition of a woman. For a Right-winger, I guess somebody who isn’t politicized into the culture war,a woman in the dictionary is an adult human femalewhich is a good and sensible definition. It has particular limits, essential characteristics, and it’s not self-referential. […]
Well, the Left’s version is:A woman is anyone who identifies as a womanwhich is actually a very concerning definition. […]A woman is anyone who identifies as a woman is anyone who identifies as a woman is anyone …So, you got this reoccurring loop in the definition of the word. So, the sentence is actually never completed. […]
It gives us no information about what a woman actually is other than some kind of being that identifies as this empty word. […] The important thing is also what’s excluded from the word, because if you take out the word adult from the definition of a woman, what you’re saying is that non-adults, and maybe even non-humans – if you take out the human part – could identify as women.
The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.