“Stat sua cuique dies (To each his day is given)”
- Working from Home: How to Set Up Your Workspace (14:21)
- How to Use Writing to Sharpen Your Thinking (6:08) – Tim Ferriss on how writing can sharpen and improve your thinking.
- Fear of GERMS – George Carlin (6:05) – Illustrated talk of one of George Carlins standup comedies ❤️
- My New Morning Routine (9:06)
- Parasite: Perfecting Class Critique (16:03)
- Some Good News with John Krasinski (15:43)
- Let’s Learn CSS Grid! (with Rachel Andrew) (1:17:18)
- How a Fitness App Revealed Secret Military Bases (5:17)
- How to Feel Free in Quarantine (8:05) 😷
- Alive Time or Dead Time: You Choose If This Time Is Productive Or Not (5:08) ❤️
- Joe Rogan Experience #1453 – Eric Weinstein (3:02:05)
- Ashley Mathews (Riley Reid) on The Portal, Ep. #021 – The Mogul & Brains Behind America’s Sweetheart (1:51:12)
- 4 Strategies For Achieving Calm In Troubled Times (15:46)
- “Let Them Scream Whatever They Want” | Marcus Aurelius on Panic (7:15)
- How the Monkey King escaped the underworld – Shunan Teng (4:57) – Animated short film about the Monkey King tale.
- Increase Productivity With These Email Hacks (9:06)
- Russians vs Saudis: Coronavirus and the new Oil War (16:23)
- How to Make a DIY No-Sew Face Mask (1:19) 😷
- Microservices (3:08) – Funny, because true, but probably not for product owners.
- The Hustle (1:58) – Another funny video of the same channel. Also true.
- Designer’s Table (4:51) – And another one, this channel is good.
- Jason Fried, Why 40 Hours is Enough: Lessons from Basecamp (17:15)
- How we work at Basecamp (30:36)
- How to Remember What You Read / How I Digest Books (21:10) – Tim Ferriss about how to properly digest books.
- The Beauty Of Journey (4:34) ❤️
- Journey – Story Explanation and Analysis (13:25) – A religious and philosophical analysis of the game “Journey”. ❤️
- Journey – The Artistry of Game Design (9:33) – A deeper insight into the meaning and ideas behind the game “Journey”. ❤️
- The Story Hidden in Journey’s Soundtrack (12:40) – The score and instruments in the game “Journey” explained. ❤️
- The Conspiracy Theory that the Middle Ages Never Happened (6:38)
- Ryan Holiday — How to Use Stoicism to Choose Alive Time Over Dead Time (1:05:26)
- Aztec Perspective on First Contact with Europeans // 16th cent. Florentine Codex // Primary Source (22:08)
- How Pandemics Change Society (15:05) 😷
- 5 things that help me avoid procrastination (9:39)
- What a Zoom Call With Old People Is Like (3:51) ❤️
- Explaining the Pandemic to my Past Self (3:00) 😷❤️
- How I made a basketball hoop that always goes in (22:06)
- FLOW - A Meditative Experience (1:30:32) – A meditative feature film in 4K by DUST designed to send you into a state of relaxation.
- How I Take Notes and Journal | Brainstorming + Focusing + Reducing Anxiety (19:01) – Tim Ferriss explains his journaling methods.
- 2017 Personality 16: Biology/Traits: Incentive Reward/Neuroticism (1:13:37) – Jordan B Peterson discusses the relationship between subcortical brain processes and the big five personality traits.
- New Rule: Panic Porn (5:31) – Bill Maher calls on the news media to calm down and give a proper perspective. 😷
- The white lie we’ve been told about Roman statues (5:42)
- Real Samurai Explains Rules for Peace and War, 17th cent. Scrolls of Natori-Ryu (19:47)
- Design Systems Video Series | Master Product Design at Scale
- The Beauty Of Hero (Ying xiong) (4:23) ❤️
- Work From Home Office Tour – Workspace + Desk Update 2020 (7:57)
- LOCKDOWN Episode 5 (6:45) – Jonathan Pie in his 5th week of Lockdown 😷
- The Liar Tweets Tonight (2:36) – Funny song parody
- My Morning Workout Routine (9:50)
- A Terrible Mistake: 1 Vacuum = 1 Free Flight (6:39)
- How to Have a Terrible Day (Funny) (5:43)
- The Rolling Stones perform “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” (5:37)
- 2017 Personality 17: Biology and Traits: Agreeableness (49:25)
- The Ainu language - a short history, plus a note about last speakers and pandemics (6:25)
- The KonMari Fold | Basics (4:09) – I do this since a year, and it’s fantastic!
- These Were The Habits Marcus Aurelius Practiced Every Day (6:13)
- Working From Home: How to Stay Focused (14:32)
- Who Owns the Rain? (5:57)
- The 10 Most Uplifting Movies of All Time (18:26)
- The Fundamental Difference Between Stories And Reality (28:04) ❤️
- The Ultimate Minimalist Meal Prep (9:27)
- Why do we find Satisfying things so Satisfying? (Neuroscience and Pleasure) (18:16)
- Ozark: Season 3 (Netflix) – The third season was really good. This can become the next Breaking Bad.
- Community: Seasons 1, 2 & 3 (Netflix) – I rewatched Community, because it’s available on Netflix and still one of the funniest TV Shows.
- Bosch: Season 6 (Amazon) – Fantastic! Bosch is just a good crime show.
- Better Call Saul: Season 5 (Netflix)
- Fauda, Season 3 (Netflix) – Again a really thrilling season playing in Israel and Gaza.
- After Life, Season 2 (Netflix)
- Sincerely Louis CK (\$7.99) – The new stand-up comedy special by Louis C.K.
- Workplace (Vimeo) – Documentary about the past, present, and future of the office. Filmmaker Gary Hustwit is streaming his movies free during the COVID-19 crisis.
Music & Podcasts
- Austin Wintory: Journey (Original Video Game Soundtrack)
- Schiller: Morgenstund
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right (Amazon)
- Homo Deus: A History of Tomorrow (Amazon)
- Shape Up: Stop Running in Circles and Ship Work that Matters (PDF/Read it online) – I re-read this fantastic book about product development from Basecamp.
- The Divine Comedy (Amazon)
- The Daily Stoic (Amazon)
- Will You Choose Alive Time Or Dead Time?
- The Important Thing Is to Not Be Afraid
- COVID-19 - eine Zwischenbilanz oder eine Analyse der Moral, der medizinischen Fakten, sowie der aktuellen und zukünftigen politischen Entscheidungen 🇩🇪😷
- Classical White Marble Sculptures Were Actually Painted But Lost Color Over Time
- The Complete Guide to Hiking (And Enjoying It)
- This Is The #1 Ritual You Need To Do Every Day (Pandemic Edition) 😷
- How To Plan Your Day Like Marcus Aurelius
- Kengo Kuma Tea House
- 40 Luxury House Exteriors To Spark Dreams And Aspirations
- Tara Guérard Soirée – Pretty website of a wedding planner company.
- SuperCalla | Charging / Data Cables Redesigned – Kickstarter page for a really interesting loading cable redesign.
- CodeTour – VS Code extension that allows you to record and playback guided tours of codebases, directly within the editor
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – Our World in Data 😷
- Journey – Probably the best game I’ve ever played. A masterpiece of beautiful art and music. This game has no spoken words or written text and can be played in less than 2 hours. It was released 2012 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive game, ported to PlayStation 4 in 2015 and 2019 to Windows and iOS. I played it eight times in April 2020, six times on PlayStation, one time on iPad and one time on iPhone. ❤️
- What’s Matt Cooking?! – Funny website by Matt D’Avella about minimalistic cooking.
“As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.”
Jason Fried answers in a live-stream the question:
How do we help first time work from home employees to ensure we are getting the most out of them? that he doesn’t like this kind of management style, but rather getting the best out of an employee than the most:
“The best is not the most. The best is the best.”
Jocko Willink quoting Tim Ferris (who had clinical depression and wanted to commit suicide) on The Candace Owens Show: Jocko Willink on what to do when somebody has psychological issues:
“Get out of your mind, get into your body.”
Nick Law, the Vice Chairman of R/GA talks about how it’s impossible to come up with an idea if you just do collective work in teams:
“We talk a lot about the connections, about the collaboration, and this space is built for it, but we’re also very mindful of these moments we just need to be left the fuck alone and get a clear mind and get laser. And so, there’s sort of this monkish piece and this sort of social piece and how those things work together is really the tension you’re dealing with because no one’s ever come up with a brilliant idea with 30 people in the room. It just doesn’t happen, you can refine an idea with five people in the room. But you’ve got to start with this sort of seed and I’ve never seen that seed appear, out of anything but one brain.”
Jordan B Peterson about how different personalities keep the balance in the society:
“What happened when the Spaniards came to North America? 95% of the Native Americans died. Why? Because the Spaniards brought illness. Smallpox, measles, chickenpox, all these things that the Native Americans had absolutely no resistance to. There were hardly any diseases at all in North and South America. The Spaniards showed up, within 15-20 years, 19 out of 20 of the Native Americans were dead. You never know what people are bringing with them.
And so what that means is that how should you respond to people who are outside of your circle of familiarity? Well, the answer is: One, they might kill you, in all sorts of ways. Two, they might bring with them things to trade that are of inestimable value. So you’re stuck. It’s like, how the hell are you going to reconcile that problem?
And the answer is, well we reconcile it temperamentally, roughly speaking. So half the people are temperamentally wired up to say,No, no, no! Let’s keep the damn boxes closed. Took a long time to pack everything in there and to get it into order.And the liberals say,Well wait a minute. You don’t know if you’ve got things in the right boxes, to begin with. The things that you’re keeping in there were getting stale and old. And maybe we need some new ideas and new people to rejuvenate the situation.That’s political discussion. And the political discussion has to proceed because there’s no way of solving that problem except by discussing it.”