March 2020 Favorites
Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things break, and all things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.
- The Revenant – An Odyssey Through America’s Purgatory 13:59
- Revealing Titania McGrath & UK Thoughtcrime Enforcement, Andrew Doyle 1:01:14
- How Knives Out Switches Genres (Twice) 7:31
- Revenge in Korean Thrillers 15:17
- Free Speech vs Political Correctness 24:05
- Your Mind is an Excellent Servant, but a Terrible Master - David Foster Wallace – Live Recording of the Commencement Speech by David Foster Wallace 23:28
- The Trouble With Tumbleweed 6:41
- Death in Space – A short animation film showing a lot of ways to die in space. 0:40
- She tried minimalism for a week. 14:59
- Why is TURKMENISTAN the World’s most INSANE dictatorship? 17:00
- CHINA’s biggest problem? Not enough PEOPLE for the FUTURE 13:21
- Introverts – What People Don’t Understand 7:29
- Walk Away From Money - Dave Chappelle 5:23
- One Way to Effectively Manage Your Time 10:26
- How the comfort zone is ruining your life 8:50
- Ryan Holiday On His Everyday Carries: What He Doesn’t Leave The House Without 7:29
- 8 Success Hacks That Will Level Up Your Life 36:20
- Fleeing California 13:44
- Joe Rogan Experience #1439 - Michael Osterholm 1:34:10
- The tale of the doctor who defied Death - Iseult Gillespie 5:27
- Shining Your Light – The Philosophy of Doctor Sleep 16:14
- 9 Principles I Learned from The Art of War 15:24
- Can you commit a CRIME in INTERNATIONAL WATERS? 14:11
- 15 Lazygit Features In Under 15 Minutes 12:11
- The Lockdown of Wuhan (BBC Our World) 22:49
- Why COVID-19 is hitting us now – and how to prepare for the next outbreak | Alanna Shaikh 16:19
- The Worst Pandemics in History – What Do They Teach Us? 7:39
- What This Chart Actually Means for COVID-19 8:20
- How to deal with uncertainty 8:03
- The Obstacle Is The Way: How Stoics Turn Tragedy To Triumph 10:20
- SOUTH KOREA: how to FIGHT against CORONAVIRUS without CRIPPLING the COUNTRY 17:32
- iPad Pro – How to correctly use a computer – Apple 1:40
- The Best Way to Face Difficult Times 6:42
- The Stoic Response To The Coronavirus Pandemic 3:59
- Walk the streets of Wuhan at the height of the coronavirus pandemic 3:46
- The American Town Ceded to Mexico in 1970 6:29
- WHICH are the MOST CORRUPT countries in the WORLD? – VisualPolitik EN 6:29
- Introduction to Stoicism 22:21
- 2017 Personality 13: Existentialism via Solzhenitsyn and the Gulag 1:41:03
- Jonathan Pie: LOCKDOWN 7:10
- COVID-19: How Aviation is Fighting for Survival 10:54
- Why Big Companies Make Bad Products – Steve Jobs 7:28
- The Number One Book Every Man Must Read 10:01
- I learned how to lucid dream. 14:12
- Why isn’t the Netherlands underwater? – Stefan Al 5:23
- Top 10 Work from Home Productivity Tips (and How to Not Go Crazy!) 18:21
- Responding to a Pandemic: The Myth of Sisyphus 12:52
- Why Soap Is Still Our Best Weapon Against Coronavirus 13:54
- ATMUS – Corona [Sampled from Go Corona & Bhag Ja Corona]1:54
- Are you distracted at work? Don’t blame technology. 3:37- Why Do Lymph Nodes Swell Up When You’re Sick? 8:45
- The Benefits of Social Isolation 10:03
- San Francisco Shut Down: COVID-19 Quarantine 3:34
- How Marcus Aurelius Responded To A Pandemic 6:42
- Joe Rogan Experience #1446 – Bert Kreischer 3:21:26
- Galactic Colonization 23:34
- Why we Watch Comfort Movies 8:41
- REMOTE Livestream Q&A with Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson – Inspiring Q&A with tips about Remote work. 2:04:12
- Going Remote: Basecamp Walkthrough Livestream with Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson – A walkthrough Basecamp. 1:46:20
- The Candace Owens Show: Jocko Willink 51:06
- The Turkish Century | From Hittites to Atatürk 1:46:43
- BoJack Horseman 6 – I finished this profound drama. Don’t be fooled by the nice cartoon style. N
- Altered Carbon 2N
- Paradise PD 2N
- Castlevania 3N
- Better Call Saul, 5 – The new season of this fantastic drama started. Finally we see first connections to NBreaking Bad.
- Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis – The new comedy standup. N
- Pete Davidson: Alive from New York – The new comedy standup. N
- Marc Maron: End Times Fun – The new comedy standup. N
- Altered Carbon: Resleeved – Nice animated movie in the universe of NAltered Carbon.
- Bert Kreischer: Hey Big Boy – The new comedy standup. N
- Tom Segura: Ball Hog – The new comedy standup. N
- RZA: Guided Explorations – Meditation instructions with the RZA is something special. 😅
- Dust Podcast Season 2 | Flight 008 – A new season of the Sci-Fi podcast of DUST.
- Remote: Office Not Required (Amazon)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (Amazon)
- The Daily Stoic (Amazon)
- What Happened to the Company That Raised Minimum Wage to \$70k/yr?
- How To Find Peace: 8 Stoic Lessons You Can Start Today
- Why Japan is obsessed with paper
- Political Disney World
- OMG I’m working remotely, now what?!
- Here’s Some Stuff Worth Carrying With You Everywhere
- A Sick Giant
- When the System Breaks Down, Leaders Stand Up
- Time Management: 6 Techniques From The Stoic Philosopher Seneca
- The Coming Age of Dispersion
- What 37 Days of Quarantine Look Like for an Introvert in China
- Sei Yamazaki – Website of the multi-media artist Sei Yamazaki from Tokyo, Japan.
- Authentic Boredom – The new website of Cameron Moll, UX Designer from Florida, USA.
- D-iD – A design studio that designs superyachts and private residents.
- Jason Briscoe – Minimalistic website of Jason Briscoe.
- Kinuta Terrace – A beautiful and minimalist space located in Tokyo, Japan, designed by Keiji Ashizawa.
- grep.app – Search across a half-million git repositories.
- JustFocus for Mac – A really nice and free Pomodoro App that allows blocking the whole computer during a break. Plus: Some inspirational quotes and wallpapers.
- lazygit – simple terminal UI for git commands
- GitHub for mobile
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
It is impossible for a person to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows.
Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
If you’ve read about remote-work failures in the press, you might think that the major risk in setting your people free is that they’ll turn into lazy, unproductive slackers. In reality, it’s overwork, not underwork, that’s the real enemy in a successful remote-working environment.
A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Wherever you go, there you are.
I judge people by their own principles – not by my own.
Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself.